As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Technology Engineering Hub Solution Architect
The TE Hub Solution Architect provides support to the Technology Engineering organizations in the various countries. On a day to day basis you will work closely with your country counterparts on a wide range of activities, the major parts of which are:
- Influence and recommend architecture solutions / Provide crucial input for deals qualification in terms of solution fit/solution availability.
- Leverage existing industry and Oracle reference architectures and utilizes specialty architecture knowledge.
- Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle solutions and for tenders, ad-hoc customer proposals and proof of concepts. Present and articulate advanced solution features and benefits, solution roadmaps and strategies.
- Respond to Customer Requests for Proposals; Lead the proposed solution and provide input on the unique selling points and win themes.
- Perform varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment in order to design business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs.
- Apply Oracle methodology, leading practices and creativity to develop business solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. Influences customer leadership in acceptance of Oracle solutions.
- A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases & Oracle’s strategy. This is done through self study, online training, and classroom trainings depending on the topic.
To fulfill the role of TE Hub Solution Architect, we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
- 5-8 years of relevant industry experience
- Very good understanding of the IT market & trends
- Technical/IT education, University degree
- Broad understanding of Oracle Technologies and Applications, with a focus on cloud solutions.
- Good understanding of architectural approaches including common industry applications, cloud computing, consolidation and rationalization, high availability.
- A good understanding of the architectural principals of cloud based platforms including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- A good understanding of information management principles including relational and non-relational data stores, big data and analytics.
- A good understanding of technical/solution application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management.
- A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in cloud applications.
- Understanding the principals of network, application and information security.
- Prior experience in a Solution or Technical Architecture role is a highly desirable.
- Eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be!
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written! You are able to not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
- Consulting experience is a plus.
- Openness to work with different cultures.
- Results orientation, you won’t be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality.
- Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries.
- Self motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges.